Job title: FileMaker Software Development Engineer
Location: Nottingham Head Office, Lenton Lane, Nottingham
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
KRCS’s aim is to provide customised software solutions on the Mac and iOS platforms to make our client’s business more successful. KRCS are one of Apple’s largest UK partners and have over 30 years of Apple experience and over 10 years in retail.
Using the FileMaker platform, KRCS offer custom solution development to our clients, aimed at transforming inefficient or time-consuming business process using the Mac and iOS platform. As well as developing for our clients, we also constantly evolve our in-house business processes including all Retail point-of-sale, stock control and CRM all using FileMaker.
We need a developer with experience of the FileMaker platform, who has a proven track record of developing systems in a professional environment. You will need to be able to both create the front end user interface and experience, as well as the underlying data structure. A strong understanding of relational database development is essential. Your experience of integrating with modern API’s will allow you to create solutions that solve real-world business needs by exchanging data between FileMaker and popular cloud platforms.
We need someone who is able to hit the ground running, as we have a number of ongoing customer projects requiring additional developer input.
Main Technical Areas
Software Environment or Language
FileMaker - Popular Rapid Database Development Environment for all computer and mobile platforms
Data Migration and Handling
- Based on a specification given by an existing KRCS analyst, produce new software systems using FileMaker Pro and extend existing systems.
- Along with the KRCS Systems Analyst, meet clients to understand their existing systems and how KRCS could deploy a FileMaker solution to to meet their requirements.
- Design simple but elegant user-interface solutions for FileMaker.
- Learn new API’s and research software interfaces that you have no prior knowledge of. Be creative and interested in learning new things.
- Handle customer support enquiries on software we have designed.
- Create simple documentation of the systems we create.
If you are keen to know more, please email email@example.com and we’ll arrange to have a chat on the phone to tell you more, and learn a little more about your experience. Or call 0115 9851797 and ask for Rob Woods.